Happy Baby Pose
Posted by admin at May 21st, 2012
To do the Happy Baby Pose, just lie on your back and exhale as bring your knees up toward your chest. Inhale as you open your legs wider than your body and lower your legs toward the shoulders. Breathe into the position as you lower your knees toward the floor a little more with each breathe. Hold the position for 30 to 60 seconds and then release.
If you can’t reach your feet well, try looping a strap around your feet to assist you.
Benefits of Happy Baby Pose
- Releases lower back and sacrum.
- Releases emotions which are stored in the hips.
- Relieves stress and depression.
- Opens hips, inner thighs, and groin.
- Slows heart rate.
- Strengthens hip muscles.
- Stretches the hamstrings.
- Relieves lower back pain.
- Stretches and soothes the spine.
- Calms the brain.
- Helps relieve stress and fatigue.