Posted by admin at May 14th, 2012
To do the Cobra pose, begin by lying flat with your hands underneath your shoulders. Place your hands, palms down on the floor. Push yourself up. Reach your heart toward the ceiling – or the sky. Allow your head to fall back. Keep your pelvis on the floor. Breathe.
The Cobra pose is one of the best yoga poses to open the chest.
Benefits of Cobra pose:
- Strengthens the back and abdominal muscles simultaneously.
- Reduces stress and anxiety.
- Reduces depression.
- Strengthens the lungs.
- Stimulates the reproductive and digestive systems.
- Increases liver and spleen functioning.
- Builds back strength and makes the back more flexible.
…and it just feels so darned good!
This is a very good place to begin your yoga practice. Here’s a great video demonstration of the Cobra pose. Enjoy. Daily yoga practice will change your life, and the Cobra pose is an excellent addition to your yoga practice.
Related Yoga Articles: